Volunteers pull invasive weeds on Gorge trail #400 in fall 2018 (photo: Brandon Davis)
Are you interested in joining an inspiring community to keep the Gorge a national treasure? We'd like to meet you! There are a variety of ways to make a difference in the Gorge. Here are a few:
- Join a stewardship work party
- Lead or shepherd a hike or outing
- Help out with office projects
- Supervise an information table at a community event
- Participate in a hearing, rally or phone bank
- Invitation to our Annual Volunteer Celebration held each winter in Portland
- Complimentary pass to the Columbia Sportswear Employee Store in Beaverton
- The great feeling of being a part of a community dedicated to keeping the Gorge an unspoiled treasure for generations to come!
Interested in Volunteering? Here's who to contactIf you're interested in...
Stewarding lands: Stewardship Volunteer Coordinator Mika Barrett, firstname.lastname@example.org (public lands stewardship), and Sara Woods, email@example.com (stewardship at Friends Land Trust preserves)
Making thank-you calls; hosting an online fundraiser or fundraising event: Development Manager Elizabeth Brooke-Willbanks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading or shepherding hikes; helping with youth education programs: Hike Program Associate Coila Ash, email@example.com
Attending rallies and hearings, phone banking or tabling: Conservation Organizer Ryan Rittenhouse, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not seeking office volunteers at this time.